Minimum Liquid Capital: $100,000
The Zounds Hearing Story
Zounds was founded by Sam Thomasson, an Engineer and entrepreneur who has spent his career developing new technologies in the medical device and consumer electronics industries. Sam is also the father of a hearing impaired teenage daughter and has witnessed the problems associated with today’s hearing aids. Sam promised his daughter that he would develop a hearing aid to address the key problems common with other high-end hearing aids. Zounds’ breakthrough technology is the fulfillment of a father’s promise to his daughter and the solution for dissatisfied hearing aid users around the world.
Zounds utilizes a combination of internally developed and exclusively licensed technology from Acoustic Technologies, Inc., where Sam Thomasson is the founder and former CEO. At Acoustic Technologies, Sam created high-performance semiconductor chips and related software with low power usage algorithms that dramatically improved voice and sound quality in cell phones, video phones, desktop phones, conference call phones and automotive communication systems. For Sam, it was a logical extension to leverage this superior technology at Zounds.
Zounds' goal is to offer a portfolio of hearing aids and wireless devices that provide the world's best performing technology at an affordable price to anyone with a mild, moderate, or moderate/severe hearing loss.
- High gross margins with markups of up to 3X.
- You get paid immediately since most customers pay by check or credit card.
- Store hours are M-F 9-5. Get your weekends back.
- Recession resistant business.
- Hearing loss affects 600 million people world-wide and is a $15 billion annual industry.
- Zounds is the technology leader with 57 patents.
- Zounds is the cost leader with direct from the manufacturer pricing.
- Exclusive territory, only you can have a Zounds store within your territory.
- Low cost store location with only 600 to 1000 square feet needed.
- High profit potential with very low cost of ownership.
- Better product at a lower price with a high margin is a winning combination in this economy.
Total Investment: $95,000 - $106,000 depending on location (Turn-Key)
Minimum Net Worth: $150,000
Franchise Fee: $40,000 (included in total investment)
Average Number of Employees: 2
Passive Ownership: Yes
Home Based: No
Master Franchise Opportunities: No
Site Selection Assistance: Yes
Lease Negotiation Assistance: Yes
Recruiting Assistance: Yes
Co-Operative Advertising: Yes
You and your staff will attend “Zounds University” for extensive training prior to opening. You also have access to ongoing training via webinars, weekly Franchisee calls and direct support from a dedicated operations manager.
Zounds locations are open Monday through Friday, 9:00 – 5:00. You only schedule appointments on weekends when you want to. Stores are staffed with a Hearing Specialist and a Customer Service Representative, so you do not need to manage a large staff. Many franchisees train to work as a Hearing Specialist in their own stores, while others run their front office.Zounds Hearing Aids